30 January 2009
Word out of Fenway Park this morning is a deadline for Jason Varitek to accept or reject the club's contract offer by this morning does not exist.
A decision is likely to be made by this afternoon, and even if that does happen, it's unlikely a possible deal would be finalized today.
Check back later for more updates...
This whole Tek situation has become a horrible addiction for many of us Sox bloggers... but I couldn't resist posting it.
Bottom Line: I checked the Globe, Herald, WEEI and other sources, but no one else is confimring this. Tony Mazz says we'll likely hear something around lunch time, since Boars is based on the west coast... but if the dealine never existed or has been dropped, we could be waiting for days to see it Varitek is coming back to Boston.
|< Prev||Next >|